When executing the following command to resize the disk for a VirtualBox VM’s disk:
VBoxManage modifyhd JeffTian-Linux.vdi --resize 80000
The following error occurred:
VBoxManage.exe: error: Failed to create the VirtualBox object!
VBoxManage.exe: error: Code CO_E_SERVER_EXEC_FAILURE (0x80080005) - Server execu
tion failed (extended info not available)
VBoxManage.exe: error: Most likely, the VirtualBox COM server is not running or
failed to start.
1. Open the Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager as Administrator;
2. Try the command again, it will success with the following output:
If you want to always start the Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager as Administrator by default, you can set the following steps:
1. Right click the Oracle VM Virtual BOX Icon on the desk and select “Properties”:
2. On the pop up Oracle VM VirtualBox Properties Window, click “Advanced…” button.
3. On the next pop up Advanced Properties window, check the “Run as administrator” checkbox, and click OK, click OK again on the parent window.